SANE Marvelous Mushroom Chicken Recipe
Table of Contents
Source: SANE Certified Recipe Book Collection
SANEScoring & Servings Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- Servings: 8
- Time: 40 min
- Whole-Food Fats: 2
- Nutrient-Dense Protein: 1
TIP: You can learn more about SANE Servings Sizes & Scoring at the upcoming free Flat-Belly Hormones Masterclass.
Mushroom Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 8 chicken breast halves, boneless, skin-on
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 pinches salt
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
TIP: Can’t find some of these ingredients at your local grocery store? Have them delivered quickly and easily by visiting your SANE Superfoods Store.
Mushroom Chicken Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Season chicken on all sides with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat extra virgin coconut oil over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Place chicken skin-side down in skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; stir mushrooms with a pinch of salt into skillet. Increase heat to high; cook, stirring mushrooms occasionally, until mushrooms shrink slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken breasts to a plate and loosely tent with foil; set aside.
- Set skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat; cook and stir mushrooms until brown bits start to form on the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes. Pour water into the skillet, and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Cook until water is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in any accumulated juices from the chicken into the skillet. Stir butter into mushroom mixture, stirring constantly until butter is completely melted and incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mushroom sauce over chicken and serve.
This recipe does not contain many non-starchy vegetables. To maximize your results, it is highly recommended that you eat at least three servings of non-starchy vegetables via a SANE side dish or green smoothie along with this main dish.
Ready To Try a Personalized SANE Plan to Lower Your Setpoint Weight and Become Naturally Thin?
Find out which Premium Weight Loss Program is the perfect fit for your goals, budget, and body. If you are ready to begin, click the button below to lower your Setpoint Weight and enjoy permanent weight loss… guaranteed!