SANE Heavenly Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
Table of Contents
Source: SANE Certified Recipe Book Collection
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe SANEScoring & Servings
- Servings: 4
- Time: 55 min
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 1
- Nutrient-Dense Protein: 1
TIP: You can learn more about SANE Servings Sizes & Scoring at the upcoming free Flat-Belly Hormones Masterclass.
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups coleslaw mix or 2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
TIP: Can’t find some of these ingredients at your local grocery store? Have them delivered quickly and easily by visiting your SANE Superfoods Store.
Hot and Sour Soup Recipe Directions
- In a large pot, saute mushrooms and garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 4 minutes, stir frequently.
- Add in broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes; stir; bring to a boil.
- Add in chicken and cabbage; lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In a little bowl, add the cold water and cornstarch; stir to combine.
- Add to the soup; simmer for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in sesame oil.
To maximize your results, it is highly recommended that you eat at least three servings of non-starchy vegetables via a SANE side dish or green smoothie along with this main dish.
Ready To Try a Personalized SANE Plan to Lower Your Setpoint Weight and Become Naturally Thin?
Find out which Premium Weight Loss Program is the perfect fit for your goals, budget, and body. If you are ready to begin, click the button below to lower your Setpoint Weight and enjoy permanent weight loss… guaranteed!