SANE Beautiful Braised Beef
Table of Contents
SANEScoring & Servings
- Servings: 6
- Time: 1 hour 10 min
- Nutrient-Dense Protein: 1
- Whole-Food Fat: 1
TIP: You can learn more about SANE Servings Sizes & Scoring at the upcoming free Flat-Belly Hormones Masterclass.
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons capers
TIP: Can’t find some of these ingredients at your local grocery store? Have them delivered quickly and easily by visiting your SANE Superfoods Store.
- Cut steak in serving sized pieces.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove, crumble, and set aside.
- Brown steak in bacon drippings.
- Add water, carrot, celery, and bay leaf; cover and cook over low heat 1 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf and remove beef to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a separate skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to first skillet and blend with an immersion blender or process in stand up blender.
- Stir in sour cream and capers; heat through. Pour gravy over steaks; garnish with bacon crumbles and chopped parsley.
This recipe does not contain many non-starchy vegetables. To maximize your results, it is highly recommended that you eat at least three servings of non-starchy vegetables via a SANE side dish or green smoothie along with this main dish.
Ready To Try a Personalized SANE Plan to Lower Your Setpoint Weight and Become Naturally Thin?
Find out which Premium Weight Loss Program is the perfect fit for your goals, budget, and body. If you are ready to begin, click the button below to lower your Setpoint Weight and enjoy permanent weight loss… guaranteed!