SANE Beautiful Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe
Source: SANE Certified Recipe Book Collection
Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe SANEScoring & Servings
- Servings: 4
- Time: 45 min
- Non-Starchy Vegetables: 2
- Nutrient-Dense Protein: 1
- Whole-Food Fat: 1
TIP: You can learn more about SANE Servings Sizes & Scoring at the upcoming free Flat-Belly Hormones Masterclass.
Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper
- 12 cups spinach leaves
- 4 eggs + 8 egg whites (or, 4 eggs 1 1/2 cups liquid egg whites)
- 1 scallion, white and light green portion chopped (for garnish)
TIP: Can’t find some of these ingredients at your local grocery store? Have them delivered quickly and easily by visiting your SANE Superfoods Store.
Baked Eggs with Spinach and Tomatoes Recipe Directions
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, 1 minute.
- Divide among 4 individual ramekins
- Separate the 4 eggs. Keep the yolks separate and add the whites to the other 8 egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, about 30 seconds, then pour them over the spinach mixture.
- Carefully, transfer one yolk to each of the 4 ramekins
- Bake until the whites are set, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Sprinkle diced scallions over the top and serve. Finish with more freshly ground black pepper if desired.
*Adapted from myrecipes.com
If you don’t envisage having the time to put this all together in the morning, the mixture can be prepped and put into the fridge the night before. This means that come morning, all that will need to be done is to put them in the oven. This can be done upon waking so that while you perform your other morning tasks, the eggs will cook.
For best results, combine recipes into complete SANE meals: roughly 3 servings of veggies, 1 serving of protein, and 1 serving of fats.
Ready To Try a Personalized SANE Plan to Lower Your Setpoint Weight and Become Naturally Thin?
Find out which Premium Weight Loss Program is the perfect fit for your goals, budget, and body. If you are ready to begin, click the button below to lower your Setpoint Weight and enjoy permanent weight loss… guaranteed!