NEWS: This superfood is now available in the SANEStore as a convenient whole-food powder so you can more easily enjoy it in smoothies and recipes.
Assam Black tea, the second most popular beverage in the world after water, has been a part of medicinal and cultural traditions for centuries. Assam (Black) tea is the most productive tea out of India, and is the only type of tea in India that is grown at sea level. The high daytime temperatures, monsoon-like rainfalls, and extreme humidity make the perfect growing conditions for this malty-flavored beverage.
The tea plants in the Assam region of India are native, as are the tea plants found in China. It is believed these countries are the only two that have original species of Camellia.
Assam tea brews up a burgundy-red cup with rich aroma and strong malty taste. Perfect for the morning, Assam tea is an ideal alternative to coffee. Try it with a little milk and the sweetener of your choice. Assam contains caffeine. Fair Trade Certified.
- Reduce your levels of the stress hormone cortisol
- Improving your memory
- Fighting tumor growth
- Decreasing your risk for stroke
- Containing theaflavins & thearubigins flavonoids which improve insulin sensitivity to protect against diabetes
1. The Reader’s Digest World Atlas, pp. 141–142. ISBN 963-9562-54-8.
2. “Tea Cultivation”, fmltea.com. Retrieved on September 10, 2011.
3. “From Tea to Ashram”, Sat Tal Christian Ashram. Retrieved on September 10, 2011.
4. 4.0 4.1 “Tea Plantation”, Assam Company India Limited. Retrieved on September 10, 2011.
5. “About Us”, Assam Company India Limited. Retrieved on September 10, 2011.